Why my students are the sweetest:
- They all stand up and say "Good morning maam. How are you today?" or "Thank you maam. Have a nice day" When I enter or exit the classroom.
- They often begin oral presentations with "Thank you for giving me this time to speak..."
- They love to ask me if i've met with Justin Bieber.
- We sometimes sing Ya Sudahlah together. It's best if one of the students has a guitar with them.
- They call me "Meees Yudeeet." I'm not really sure why. J's are not pronounced like Y's in this country. But i've gone with it because it's so adorable.
- They love to ask me if I have a husband. This question is always followed by immense giggling from the rest of the class.
- They all personally thank me when I've confirmed their facebook friend requests.
- They're eager to learn English.
One of the other teachers has his students start their presentations by saying "Thank you, Her Excellency, Miss Yudiit, English teacher of SMA 1 Makale" or "Thank you, Her Excellency, Miss Yudiit, representative of AMINEF." Uncomfortable.